Monday, August 10, 2009

"Home Sweet Hollywood"

Well, we are finally settled in our new home! Life has never been better! Im loving the day-to-day routine of taking care of a home and raising Reese! Im so blessed to be able to stay home with her! Yesterday kicked off a new semester of home fellowships at our church and we are the official host home in the south! I absolutely loved it! Love having a house full of people, love the worship in our house, love our church, love the Lord, love breaking bread together afterwards...life is good! Thanks to all the people in and out Reese has totally become a little social butterfly. She is doing this thing where whoever walks up to her (no matter who is holding her) she reaches out for the other person...and so on. Its become a game really, but its too cute! People seem to just love when a baby reaches out for them. A new neighbor stopped by yesterday to introduce herself and I opened the door holding Reese and sure enough, Reese reached out for the neighbor! Complete stranger! I graciously handed her over...only because I kind-of knew the neighbor, I went to High School with her son...love being back in the hood! :)

Today is day one, of week six, of phase 2 of P90X. Confused? Put it this way...Im half way there! It has pretty much become an obsession at this point. Im losing more weight then gaining muscle, which was not the goal, but I guess just natural? Its still amazing...

My sister-in-law sent me this baking website that I have quickly fallen deeply in love with. The day she sent it I baked these immediately. holy goodness. When she says 'theyre perfect', she aint kidding. Make them NOW, while blueberries are still in season and 2/$5 @ Publix! They will change your life. Below is a picture of Reese (recently turning 7 months old...) baking muffins with her mama, I hope I never forget these moments....

Also, note the thing in her mouth!? Thanks Kailee! If it was up to Reese she would sleep with this thing. Its a mesh baggie type thing that you can put different food items in whole and she basically just sucks the juice and flavor out. Loves her some cantelope! Just like her dad! :)

And I leave you with a movie review (this post just keeps getting more random) 'August Rush'...watch it! Best movie Ive seen since Slumdog Millionaire, also, the only movie Ive seen since Slumdog Millionaire. I dont watch movies to often, if you know me, you know why... :) Anyway, its really really good. Its also on demand under HBO movies (if you have comcast cable) free movies are always the coolest.

Happy Monday! Time to 'bring it'!







3 comments:

.monik. said...

hmm, 3 things:

1. Reese is SO cute!

2. I also loved August Rush! It made me cry, of course haha

3. Danny was doing P90X for a while until he hurt his knee. How much have you lost? He was kind of skeptical about it...

See you around!

-Monik

Kathy said...

Lord have mercy you are sounding quite perky! i laughed reading this... I'm excited about the recipes, ya hoo! I am also trying to get Johnny to do the whole p90x thing with me but he looks at me like i have 3 eyeballs or something... i need some help convincing him. Peace out.

The Cooks said...

Monik: Ive lost about 6-7 pounds...I didnt really weigh myself before I started or consistently throughout the beginnging because I wasnt in it to lose weight, but I guess its inevitable...

Kath: Maybe I sound so perky because I ended 9 out of 10 sentences in that last post with "!" As long as I dont sound like...you know who :)